Tuesday, August 22, 2023

'Project: Mechguard' Progress Update 3

Project: MechGuard is nearing completion. Pictured below is an image of the Map Tiles current state after much progress has been made.


To ensure the scale is correct, early into the project I made this visual aid for reference. The red form show the maximum height, length and width of the largest Mech. As shown through the stacked people and  pink mannequin, the maximum height will be roughly six times taller than a person. The blue mannequin represents the tallest a medium Mech can reach, at four times the height of a person, whereas the green mannequin represents the minimum height of the smallest Mech at twice the size of a person. The vehicles present give an indication of how big they will be for each Mech weight class.


Additionally, I made these red bars to allow me to work out the ergonomics of the game space, so that it was possible to ensure the largest Mechs were able to navigate through the tiles, even if there were fewer routes they could take in comparison to the smaller Mech weight classes.


I have finalised the details of the important building tiles, with only the buildings themselves needing to be replaced.

The Skyscraper:


The Mech HQ:



The Statue:




I also have a nice mixture of vehicles now.

At this point I have fleshed out the set dressing and have started to add details the provide a sense of realism to the tiles. I have also started swapping the Block-Out buildings for the ones made by Michael so that the city starts to look more believable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

'BioLab' Update 2

Recently I have been attempting to follow a guide to making an FPS, which I shall link down below. https://www.kodeco.com/32435756-how-to-cr...