Monday, April 1, 2024

Introducing the The FPS Project

Having been working on the Hotel Project, I encountered some difficulty with Blueprinting in UE5, so to further my understanding of it I decided to create a new project that would help me work on my Blueprint knowledge as well as put my Level and Environmental skills to the test in making an engaging map for a First Person Shooter. By undergoing this, I should be able to obtain a greater understanding of Level Design fundamentals through considerations such as Player View, Line-of-Sight and laying out objectives so as to best encourage competitive gameplay. Additionally, it will give me the opportunity to learn more about tension as experienced in Horror games without the fear element; just the pure Fight-or-Flight stress response in isolation. 

Introducing 'BioLab', a FPS map for two teams of eight or sixteen set in a Top Secret Research Facility creating Bio-Weapons. It will have an Attack/Defend Capture Point game mode similar to games like War Thunder or Polygon. One team will play as Security for the Lab and the other as the Taskforce sent to stop the experiments. The two teams will get points for holding Capture Points and the game will end when either the time runs out or one team reaches the max amount of points; in the event of the time running out, the team with the most points will win or in the event of a draw, an extra fifteen minutes of overtime will allow a chance for one team to try and break the stalemate. The project will include a variety of weapons with different statistics and stances that will allow Players to take advantage of cover. I also intend to create a functional ladder so as to allow Players to get to an elevated platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'BioLab' Update 2

Recently I have been attempting to follow a guide to making an FPS, which I shall link down below. https://www.kodeco.com/32435756-how-to-cr...